Thursday, February 29, 2024

Quilting - Add Labels to your Quilt or Not

 The question whether to put labels on your Quilt or not is a personal choice.

I have made hundreds of quilts for a variety of charities.  Sometimes I put a label on and if too busy I don't.

The hard part is finding a way to do it  When doing for charities it is too expensive to have them professionally made.

Therefore I tried several other ways.

I bought a permanent marker and wrote or printed  

   Made with Love 

E Hughes-Northam


Then I ironed each one and washed a couple of times and they stayed in. But my writing was not the best. 

So I used my Ink jet printer 

I stuck a piece of material A4 size to an A4 piece of paper. Then make sure which side the printer will print on before doing anything.

Now go to a word document and decide how you want it to look. I did some writing and some lettering. Then  copied it a couple times on the page. Now print onto material.

Again you need to iron this to set it.

Then I sew them on back on bottom left. 

How do u do labels. I would love to hear your comments.

Checkout my other articles on quilting HERE





0 comments:

Post a Comment